Monday 13 April 2015

Tomorrow and the next day...

I am currently in a hotel room in Kuta, Bali, preparing my gear for an early flight tomorrow to Haneda Airport, Tokyo, via Kuala Lumpur.




Whilst I originally planned to arrive and then catch a train the next day to the trail head, I decided to change this and walk straight from the airport. I am arriving at 10:30pm on the 14th of April, I am going to sleep in the arrivals terminal (a search at www.sleepinginairports.net says this is possible), then in the morning catch a train two stations out of the airport as I'm not sure if it is possible to simply stroll out of it. I will then walk about two days to the trail head at Mt Takao.

I just felt this was a more natural way to start the trip, and a great way to see some of the outskirts of Tokyo. It has the benefit of being quite flat too which will be good to get my legs used to all the walking they will be doing over the next three months. The last time I hiked in Hokkaido my legs were in agony for the first couple of days until they toughened up.

This is the general route I will be taking for the first two days:


No comments:

Post a Comment